Brief Description and Study Area:
The National Research Center for Disaster-free and Safe Ocean City (D-SOC) at Dong-A University (Seunghak Campus, Busan, Korea) was selected as national core research center from the University Core Research Center Program, which is supported by the Korean Ministry of Education (2016-2024, 9 years). The primary goal of the center is to develop innovative element technologies in the prevention an mitigation of the risks from multi-ocean disasters and to combine technologies into an integrated disaster management system.
Finally, a disaster-free and safe ocean city would be attained through close collaboration with the industry and government.
National Research Center for Disaster-free and Safe Ocean City (D-SOC), Dong-A University, Busan, South Korea
- Bachelor or Master graduate in:
- Civil Engineering,
- Geotechnical Engineering,
- Structural engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Data Science,
- other related fields.
- Research specialty in:
- Computational fluid dynamics,
- structural materials and analysis,
- tidal wave analysis,
- ocean disaster risk management and prevention,
- air pollution control (fine dust, PM 2.5, etc),
- ozone removal via filtration,
- robotics and automation system,
- Good command of the English language and technical writing skills.
- Excellent publication track record.
- Maximum of 1.8 million won monthly for Master (MS) Graduate Research Assistant
- Maximum of 2.5 million won monthly for Doctoral (PhD) Graduate Research Assistant
- Statement of research accomplishments and interests
- Reprints of 1-2 representative publications within 5 years (if applicable)
Send your application requirements via email to Prof. Seong Hoon Kee (email@example.com). Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position are filled.